Wednesday, March 9, 2011

my itchy eyes

looking at this page for the last 15 minutes trying to come up with something creative to name today's post and once my eyes started watering... it was an easy call.
I've worked a lot this week and I've thoroughly enjoyed it.  Today, after taking a few of the girls to their doctor appointments, I walked into MarDean's office to hear her doing a phone assessment. It dawned on me what a great personality she has to be doing the job she is doing.  While she may come across a little gruff the thing about her that strikes me is how fair she is.  No matter who you are or what you are coming from... it does not matter one iota to her... she will treat you the same... I really admire that about her.  I don't care what people say, it's pretty easy to be judgemental about people by their looks or whatever.... but not her, she wants to help young women in need.  I love my job so much.  Today, I had an opportunity to witness to two of the women.  One of the girls, I've had a few conversations with and I really like her... she is a creative young woman who just got into the wrong activity and now wants to change her life.  The other young woman is new to the program and I was able to pray with her after she shared a story with me that really made me want to cry right along with her... some "friend" of hers "read her cards" .... yea, I know, I don't know about that stuff either... but this so called friend told her that her daughter was going to die and then she would end up killing herself.  Whoa.  I couldn't believe that a person would actually say this another.  I told her to not pay one bit of attention to it.  That she was the master of her own life and that she would be the person to determine the outcome of her own well being.  I did say to her that of course I had no bearing on her child's welfare.... I did say that I could pray for her.  So I did.  I spent the rest of my time with the two ladies giving witness to how great my Lord has been in my life.  It's really one of the first times that I have been able to share how wonderful my life has been since turning it over to the Lord.  Of course I told the truth and shared about the trials I've gone through as well.  Life is still going to be tough at times... it's just not AS tough when you've the Lord to lean on.  It was truly a great day.  I pray that I did affect these ladies and that one day they will look back on our conversations today with happiness.  It's why I ended up getting into this field in  the first place.  I want to help ... to serve.  
Who knows, maybe tomorrow i'll get another chance to do the same.  
Thank you Lord for giving me the opportunity to do YOUR work.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder sometimes, Kecia, if anyone ever looks at my blog - so I wanted you to know - I am here! I enjoy reading your blog! I can't write....it just isn't what I do .... so I use pictures. You make pictures in my mind with your words. Keep it up!
    Suzie

    ReplyDelete