Tuesday, January 17, 2012

plop, plop, fizz, fizz.....

Oh what a freakin relief it is.  Or not.  So yea, my kidneys have been giving me such grief these past couple of days.  I pretty much don't feel like doing anything but laying in bed.  But then I get to work and somehow my mind gets taken away from the discomfort and I get all wrapped up in the comings and goings at the Heritage House.  It's so funny how God knows what is best for you even when you don't.  I was so disappointed when I lost my job at Foley House... thought i'd never like Heritage House as much as Foley.  Boy was I wrong.  God knew this place was a better fit for me.  My co workers are just awesome.  I never felt as though I fit in at the other place.  They were very cliquey.  Even one co worker who I thought was close with me... when her husband died, she didn't even contact me so I could come and pay my respects.  So strange. 
But i'm learning so much here .... i've finished school and believe it or not, i'm learning more by being hands on than any day of school.  And i've never been happier.  These women are not only my co workers, but a few of them are my friends.  What a blessing that is.  And interestingly enough, the clients are just as wonderful as the ones from Foley House.  Women in recovery ... most of them, anyway, are just plain amazing. 
This year has truly been the best year of my life.... Don't get me wrong, getting back together with Chris was wonderful and having my kids was amazing.... but this last year, finishing school and getting this new job... it's just been so fulfilling.  God keeps blessing me and i'm so pleased.  Someone told me that God is blessing me because i've been obedient.  And the truth is, I have been.  I've been doing the right thing most of the time and when I don't, I end up fixing it and making it right.  I suppose God IS pleased with me. 
And now... i've got the biggest secret in the world .... and i've never been real good at keeping them.  Ha, just ask Julie or Kim.... they'll tell you I was a sucky secret keeper.  I got better once Laura and I were friends... but anyway, yea, a big ol secret that i'm so damn excited about.  And one I am not allowed to talk about yet.  But y'all will know eventually!!!  Toodles

No comments:

Post a Comment